KK's Kingdom Headline Animator

Thursday, January 7, 2010

My 1st Poem



I think I posted this once but ehnn who cares here it is again:


It wasn't really about my shadow (Duhhh)


There through my brightest moments and my darkest plights

You ride with me by day, but seem parked at night

I know you are always there, sometimes real subtle

You've shared all my joy, and harbored all my troubles

Through the hardest thunder storms and lightening

Your presence has always been calm and inviting

But of late, after the rain and the morning mist

I have noticed my shadow, has a longer drift

Less meaning and heart like a shorter kiss

Unless I'm dreaming, my thoughts are missed

I used to stumble, you would soften my fall

Now when I trip, I feel you less, often, not at all

I would walk for days to a fork in the road

Then you brought me comfort, with the course that I chose

Now when I come to a trail and don't know the way

I cannot see you around; you have lingered down the lane

And now I feel a pain, it's soft but evident

My shadow has gone astray, yet it seems it never went

Omnipotent, omnidirectional, omnipresent

How something can be so obvious and yet not so apparent?

Perhaps I lose sight that no matter the outcome

You'll always be apart of me until my light's gone

No comments: