KK's Kingdom Headline Animator

Monday, January 4, 2010

NEW YEAR...NOW WHAT?

Well first of HAPPY BELATED NEW YEAR!!!

Yes we all made it through another year... shoot a whole DECADE (remember the Y2K scare?!?). Well let's take a brief look back at what we experienced and survived last year as I share a few events that stood out to me:



...Barack Obama 1st African American President of the United States is sworn in...

...Flight 1549 emergency lands in the Hudson River

...Rod Blagojevich wanted to shine at a high price...


...Swine Flu's new strain surfaced in Hong Kong prompting H1N1 mania...



...the KING of Pop passed away...we still wanna know 'why?'


...Sotomayor breaks barriers for women & Latinos & shows strength in adversity...


...The "Lion" Ted Kennedy (one of my idols), dies after a lengthy battle with brain cancer...


...the Yankees win the World Series for the 27th time...



And this is just a cross section of what affected the US and eventually the world. There were other memorable events like the fort Hood military shootings, the health care debacle, Twilight the movie...for the 3rd time, The Kardashians, balloon boy and his hoax flight, Susan Boyle the 47 year old British idol that dreamed a dream, and of course the end of year cake topper...the attempted terrorist-like Suicide bombing on Northwest Airlines flight 253 on Christmas Day...by a Nigerian no less (tsk, tsk, tsk shame on him...I am part Nigerian)

Well, looking back, I am grateful and happy to at least be alive with a roof over my head, clothes on my back and food to eat and most of all a healthy body and HEALTH INSURANCE!!!! haha...no really...well yeah really!

So with every new Year comes the age old adage of a New Year's resolution.

I'm happy to say for a 2nd year in a row, that quite frankly.....I have none. What I will do is not go backwards and repeat the same mistakes I did last year and beyond. I suggest you do that (and the following) too:

Don't rekindle a past relationship especially if it was riddled with misunderstanding with no hope for compromise...look towards new ones because it's a BIG world out there and you never know who you miss by wasting time with someone that is a detriment to your progression.

Don't take the same path towards your goals, as you did last year. Especially if it was filled with obstacles and detours. Take the road less traveled, it makes all the difference...as Robert Frost says.

For those that have a similar demeanor as me...I am referring to the type of people that take the time out to help others, and make them happy...put a stop to that. It is less fulfilling if you don't take out the time to help yourself first and make you happy.

If you and/or friends have identified a problem. Don't be ashamed of it, and don't ignore it. Take care of it, because it will not go away and it will only get worse. You will only lose time, money and probably loved ones...it's happened to me before...and if you are reading this and questioning yourself, it is happening to you right now.

Lastly, learn to put your pride aside when it comes to matters of the heart, mind, body & soul. An ego (pride) is a bad thing if it is not earned...if that's the case lose it quick.

2010 should be another year filled with goals, and optimistic feats and joys. I pray it is that way for all of you; my friends...even those that don't think too highly of me right now...like you. lol sike

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments: